Right to object and restriction of processing
Individuals have a right to object to the processing of their data and to restrict processing of their data in certain circumstances, where:
- The accuracy of the data is being contested and you request it to be restricted while we verify its accuracy
- The processing of your data is unlawful
- The IBTS no longer needs the data for processing but you require it to be kept for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim
- You are objecting to the legal basis for the processing of your data, in which case the processing may be restricted until the legal basis is verified.
- Individuals also have an absolute right to object to processing of their data for marketing purposes.