COVID-19 measures taken by IBTS to protect donors and staff:
Appointments for clinics
• All clinics are now appointment based – to book an appointment call 1850 731 137. Donors must arrive on time as this regulates social distancing on clinic.
• Some donors will be asked to travel to a centralised venue in their wider local area.
Some additional donation restrictions
• With Met Eireann’s high temperature alert this week, it is essential to make sure you are well hydrated and drink plenty of fluids before donating blood.
• Donors over 70/plus must be fully vaccinated, have a GP letter stating fitness to donate (this needs to be renewed annually) have donated within the last 2 years and are otherwise eligible.
• If you have/had any symptoms of Covid-19, you must be fully recovered for 28 days before you can donate.
• You must wait 14 days from the last time you were in contact with a person with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 infection, or if you have travelled outside the island of Ireland.
• Health Care workers can donate so long as they have had no known contact with Covid-19 cases in the last 14 days.
• First Time Donors are welcome in limited numbers and must also make an appointment.
• Donors who have had a HPRA approved Covid-19 vaccination such as the Pfizer / BioNTech, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson/Janssen or Astra Zeneca vaccines, must wait 7 daysafter receiving the vaccine before they can donate, so long as they are feeling well and asymptomatic.
• Hand gel is provided and all donors must use it.
• Social distancing is in place on clinic.
• All relevant surfaces in our clinics are cleaned frequently with approved disinfectant.
• Only donors will be able to access the donation area.
• Medical-grade (surgical) face masks are mandatory – Donors must wear medical -grade face masks on clinic with the exception of pre and post donation hydration. Other face coverings, such as visors and snoods, will not be accepted, this is in the interest of public health. This is a safety measure to protect donors and staff from Covid-19. Medical-grade masks are more effective in preventing the transmission of coronavirus. This is important as the newer variants of coronavirus are more infectious. A mask will be offered to all donors who are wearing a face covering when they attend clinic. Hand sanitisers are available in clinic to use before and after mask removal/replacement. IBTS staff will be wearing masks throughout the process.
• IBTS staff will be wearing appropriate PPE throughout the process.
More Information here regarding Covid-19 measures in place. Thank you for your donation, your help and co-operation.
Cookies and other technologies help IBTS give you more relevant content and improve your experience using our site. They also help us understand what information is most useful to you on our site, in searches, and in ads on this and other sites. If that’s okay, click “Enable all.” You can also limit what you share with us by clicking “Personalise.” You can change your options at any time.
making choices below. But note that if you disable cookies and similar technologies
entirely, the IBTS website may not function properly.
Cookies are small text files stored by your web browser when you use websites. These technologies help us do things like remembering you and your preferences when you return to our site, measure how you use the website, conduct market research, and gather information about the ads you see and interact with.
You can make choices in the menu below about what cookies and other technologies you want us to use on the IBTS website when you visit them from this browser. You can always change those choices later by clicking on the Cookie Preferences link at the bottom of the page.
We can better keep track of your preferences
We will better understand your likely interests so we can provide you more relevant Giveblood.ie ads and content on non-IBTS websites
It will help us improve the performance of our website
We won’t be able to remember you from session to session so the experience may not be tailored to your preferences
You’ll still have access to the content of the site but certain features that depend on cookies may not function
You’ll still see ads, they just may not be as relevant to you
Strictly necessary cookies enable core functionality such as page navigation. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, so they cannot be switched off. They can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.
ASP.Net_SessionId is a cookie which is used to identify the users session on the server. The session being an area on the server which can be used to store session state in between http requests.
Performance cookies are used to analyse site usage and to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the site. This includes which pages you visited and which links you clicked on.
Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen.
Google Analytics. Tells us how you use our websites. Used to ensure the website operates sufficiently for users.
Google Analytics. Helps stop Google Analytics web servers crashing when collecting information on how you use our websites. Used to ensure the website operates sufficiently for users.
Google Analytics. Sets a unique (anonymous) ID for your session to help tell us how you use our websites. Used to ensure the website operates sufficiently for users.
This cookie enables the function of Google Analytics.
Stores the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached your site.
Used to determine new sessions/visits.
Used to distinguish users and sessions.
Used to throttle request rate.
Advertising cookies are used to enable IBTS and our partners to serve ads more relevant to your interests. These cookies track your online activity to help us deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. Without them you will still see ads, but they might not be as relevant to you.
Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products.
YouTube cookies which registers a unique ID on mobile devices to enable tracking based on geographical GPS location.
Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user's actions after viewing or clicking one of the advertiser's ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
This cookie is set by Youtube to keep track of user preferences for Youtube videos embedded in sites; it can also determine whether the website visitor is using the new or old version of the Youtube interface.
This cookie is set by DoubleClick (which is owned by Google) to determine if the website visitor's browser supports cookies.