It's in your blood
Help us to promote the local blood donation clinic in your area to your community
Prior to any clinic in your area (usually every 3 months or so), our local Area Manager can contact your club and provide you with details to promote the upcoming clinic.
The more people who know about the clinic, the better.
You might consider sending text / whats app messages to members (or mentors to send on to their teams / player's parents). You could promote it on the club social media sites - whatever works best for you to get messages to your members!
Help us recruit new donors
There is a constant need for more donors, particularly younger people aged 18+.
For many younger people, blood donation is often something that simply doesn't register as relevant to them - it might be something their parents do!
But it is vitally important we recruit new donors every year - and help young people form the habit of giving blood, that they may continue for their lifetime.
Many of the 200 people transfused daily in our hospitals are young people fighting life threatening illnesses. But just 5 new donors per clinic would give us half of all the new donors we need to recruit each year, and help those fighting illness.
Ways you can promote blood donation might be
- distribute leaflets about giving blood
- talk to younger people about your experiences as a donor and why you do it
- refer potential donors to the website giveblood.ie to see if they can give blood
- inform them about joining the bone marrow registry
- for donors in the greater Dublin and Cork areas, promote the fixed centre platelets clinics in those areas (there is a constant need for younger men in particular to become platelets donors)
Click here to register your club to receive information about upcoming clinics