Important information regarding Irish Blood Transfusion Service & Cookies
COVID-19 measures taken by IBTS to protect donors and staff:
Appointments for clinics
• All clinics are now appointment based – to book an appointment call 1850 731 137. Donors must arrive on time as this regulates social distancing on clinic.
• Some donors will be asked to travel to a centralised venue in their wider local area.
Some additional donation restrictions
• Donors aged 70 and over cannot donate for now.
•If you have/had any symptoms of Covid-19, you must be fully recovered for 28 days before you can donate.
•You must wait 14 days from the last time you were in contact with a person with confirmed or suspected Covid-19 infection, or if you have travelled outside the island of Ireland.
• Health Care workers can donate so long as they have had no known contact with Covid-19 cases in the last 14 days.
• First Time Donors are welcome in limited numbers and must also make an appointment.
• Hand gel is provided and all donors must use it.
• Social distancing is in place on clinic.
• All relevant surfaces in our clinics are cleaned frequently with approved disinfectant.
• Only donors will be able to access the donation area.
• Face masks – Donors can wear a face mask on clinic if they choose to. Please be aware that you will not be able to wear a mask while on the donation bed to enable staff to monitor your well-being from a distance throughout the process. If you choose to wear a mask you will have to sanitise your hands after removing/replacing it.
• IBTS staff will be wearing appropriate PPE throughout the process.
More Information here regarding Covid-19 measures in place. Thank you for your donation, your help and co-operation.
Take our quick eligibility quiz and see if you can give blood.
There are two eligibility quizzes, New & Returning donors (for First Time Donors and Donors who have not donated in 5 years) and then our quiz for Regular Donors